October 11-18, 2018
It’s been an amazingly busy week for royal jewelry — we’ve got a super-sized roundup here, and there will be a separate review later this morning just for the jewels from the royal wedding! In the meantime, enjoy these non-wedding jewels, and remember to vote for your favorites in the poll!
|Olivier Matthys/Getty Images|
20. On Friday, Queen Mathilde of the Belgians wore her signature gold earrings to attend the 25th anniversary celebration of the Belgian Council for Durable Development in Brussels.
|KHALIL MAZRAAWI/AFP/Getty Images|
19. For the opening of parliament in Amman on Sunday, Queen Rania of Jordan chose a pair of earrings with pendant drops.
|Scott Barbour/Getty Images|
18. The Duchess of Sussex paired a gold and diamond bangle from Shaun Leane with a beaded bracelet on South Melbourne Beach on Thursday.
|Ernesto S. Ruscio/Getty Images|
17. Trendy geometric climber earrings were Queen Letizia of Spain’s choice for the inauguration of the exhibition of the World Food Day at FAO Headquarters in Rome on Tuesday.
|KHALIL MAZRAAWI/AFP/Getty Images|
16. Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden wore earrings with coral-colored drops on Tuesday during a visit to the Baqa’a Palestinian refugee camp in Jordan.
|NICOLAS ASFOURI/AFP/Getty Images|
15. For the beginning of the royal visit to China on Tuesday, Queen Sonja of Norway wore the orange topaz earrings from her Modern Gold Parure. (More about that suite here!)
|Antonio Quilez – Pool/Getty Images|
14. For a National Day reception at the Royal Palace in Madrid on Friday, Queen Letizia of Spain chose her diamond feather earrings.
|Patrick van Katwijk/Getty Images|
13. Diamond hoop earrings were Queen Maxima of the Netherlands’s accessory of choice for a visit to Schouwen-Duiveland en Tholen in Zeeland on Tuesday.
|FRANK VAN BEEK/AFP/Getty Images|
12. Queen Maxima wore glittering earrings and her diamond wedding bracelet on Monday for an audience with the Chinese prime minister in The Hague.
|SILAS STEIN/AFP/Getty Images|
11. In Trier on October 11, Queen Maxima paired her hoop earrings and her wedding bracelet with her tennis-style sapphire and diamond bracelet and her diamond and ruby ring.
|UWE ANSPACH/AFP/Getty Images|
10. Statement earrings by Amrapali accompanied Queen Maxima to the Voelklinger Huette World Cultural Heritage Site on Friday. (More on the earrings here!)
|Phil Noble – Pool/Getty Images|
9. The Duchess of Sussex wore jewels that belonged to her late mother-in-law, Diana, Princess of Wales, for the first day of her visit to Australia. (Much more here!)
|FILIPPO MONTEFORTE/AFP/Getty Images|
8. Queen Sofia of Spain wore pearls and gold jewels on Sunday at the Vatican for a canonization ceremony for Pope Paul VI and the martyred Salvadoran Archbishop Oscar Romero.
|Frank Augstein – WPA Pool/Getty Images|
7. To announce the winner of the 2018 Man Booker Prize on Tuesday, the Duchess of Cornwall wore her classic diamond and turquoise earrings.
|ANGELA WEISS/AFP/Getty Images|
6. In New York on Tuesday, Princess Charlene of Monaco wore diamond earrings and a lariat-style necklace to attend the 2018 Princess Grace Awards Gala.
|Jamie McCarthy/Getty Images for Princess Grace Foundation-USA|
5. Pauline Ducruet, daughter of Princess Stephanie of Monaco, also wore diamonds — statement earrings and a large cuff bracelet — to attend the Princess Grace Awards Gala.
|ANDERS WIKLUND/AFP/Getty Images|
4. Queen Silvia of Sweden wore diamonds, pearls, and gold bangles to the Royal Opera in Stockholm on October 11.
|HEATHCLIFF O’MALLEY/AFP/Getty Images|
3. The magnificent Flame Lily Brooch helped Queen Elizabeth II of the United Kingdom celebrate the centenary of the RAF Club in London on Wednesday. (More on the brooch here!)
|Jonathan Brady- WPA Pool/Getty Images|
2. For audiences at Buckingham Palace on Tuesday, Queen Elizabeth II chose the Cambridge Emerald Cluster Brooch with its emerald pendant. (More on the brooch here!)
|Casa de S.M. el Rey|
1. Queen Letizia sparkled in the earrings and bracelets from the joyas de pasar in Oviedo on Thursday for the annual Princess of Asturias Awards. (More on the joyas over here!)
Leave a Reply