May 5-11, 2017
We’ve had an almost overwhelming amount of bling here on the blog this week, so I’m dividing our best jewels countdown into two categories. This post covers my top daytime jewels of the week; a post will pop up in a few hours with the glittering evening jewels. Don’t forget to vote in each poll!
|BERIT ROALD/AFP/Getty Images|
10. Wednesday’s royal birthday festivities in Oslo included lunch on the royal yacht, and Queen Mathilde of the Belgians chose a striking pair of modern silver statement earrings for the event.
|KALLESTAD, GORM/AFP/Getty Images|
9. Queen Maxima of the Netherlands wore oversized floral earrings and a long beaded necklace for the luncheon on the yacht on Wednesday.
|EMMANUEL DUNAND/AFP/Getty Images|
8. In Luxembourg, Hereditary Grand Duchess Stephanie selected a golden leaf pendant and drop earrings to welcome the Duchess of Cambridge for Thursday’s visit. (More jewels from the visit over here!)
|Carlos Alvarez/Getty Images|
7. On Tuesday, Queen Letizia of Spain wore her Bounkit amethyst and green jade earrings to welcome Costa Rica’s presidential couple to the palace in Madrid.
|JOHN THYS/AFP/Getty Images|
6. New blue topaz and diamond earrings from Kiki McDonough were the stars of the Duchess of Cambridge’s ensemble in Luxembourg on Thursday. (See close-ups of her jewels from the trip here!)
|Jeff Spicer/Getty Images|
5. Grand Duchess Maria Teresa of Luxembourg was elegant in pearls to welcome the Duchess to the grand ducal palace on Thursday. (More over here!)
|Liam McBurney – WPA Pool/Getty Images|
4. The Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall visited Northern Ireland and the Republic of Ireland this week; for Tuesday’s engagements in Northern Ireland, Camilla wore her diamond and sapphire dragonfly brooches. (More jewels from the trip here!)
|Brian Lawless – WPA Pool/Getty Images|
3. On Wednesday, Camilla wore her standard diamond and pearl earrings in Belfast, pairing them with a diamond and turquoise trefoil brooch. She has worn the piece in public before, wearing it for the funeral of the Dowager Duchess of Devonshire in 2014 and during the Irish visit in 2015.
|JOHN STILLWELL/AFP/Getty Images|
2. Queen Elizabeth II of the United Kingdom wore the grand Cullinan V Brooch for lunch with the Duke of Cambridge and Myanmar’s Aung San Suu Kyi at Buckingham Palace on Friday.
|Adrian Dennis – WPA Pool/Getty Images|
1. The first brooch that Elizabeth II wore as Queen, the Flame Lily, was her choice for Tuesday’s visit to Pangbourne College.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.