9. Queen Mathilde of the Belgians has added a pair of bright cobalt bobs to her own big earring collection; she wore these with a coordinating dress in Brussels on Monday.
8. In Amsterdam on Tuesday, Queen Maxima of the Netherlands chose an intriguing pair of dark beaded earrings from her own giant earring collection. Seriously, I think we’re firmly in Trend Territory by now.
7. One royal lady you can count on to stick with the classics is the Duchess of Cornwall, who chose one of her familiar pearl choker necklaces to Fortnum and Mason on Thursday. This one has a large all-diamond clasp with a cross pattern. She’s also worn her workhorse diamond and pearl drop earrings.
6. The Spanish royal family was out in force on Thursday at the National Sports Awards. Infanta Elena, eldest sister of King Felipe, wore a large bejeweled star brooch and pearl earrings for the occasion.
5. At the same awards ceremony, Queen Sofia wore gold hoop earrings and a coordinating necklace.
4. And Queen Letizia chose yet another pair of unusual over-sized earrings for the awards ceremony.
3. King Harald and Queen Sonja of Norway are on a state visit to Myanmar this week, and Sonja picked a bold necklace for a visit to the Shwedagon Pagoda on Tuesday.
2. For the annual diplomatic reception at Buckingham Palace, Camilla wore the Shand Tiara, a diamond floral sparkler that belongs to her own family, with diamond earrings and one of her pearl choker necklaces with a diamond clasp. She also wore the sash of the Royal Victorian Order.
1. King Carl XVI Gustaf and Queen Silvia of Sweden have been in France this week, and on Tuesday, they attended a state dinner at the Elysee Palace. The French don’t host elaborate state banquets anymore (with the exception of the black-tie dinner for Queen Elizabeth II earlier this year), so no tiaras were worn. But crafty Silvia managed to wear major, significant jewelry anyway by donning pieces from the family’s Napoleon-era Cameo Parure.
She wore the brooch (which actually may not be original to the set) in her hair, as well as the earrings, necklace, and bracelet. She also wore her husband’s family order.