8. Letizia selected her Links of London Hope Egg earrings on Friday for a series of audiences at Zarzuela Palace.
7. On Tuesday, Queen Mathilde of the Belgians wore diamond and pearl earrings to welcome Queen Rania of Jordan to Brussels.
6. In an event from last week’s calendar, Queen Maxima of the Netherlands wore an impressive pair of spherical statement earrings at an awards ceremony in Lisse.
5. Princess Beatrix of the Netherlands wore gold jewelry on Wednesday to the annual New Year’s reception for the diplomatic corps in Amsterdam.
4. For the same diplomatic reception, Maxima chose the diamond pendant earrings from Queen Juliana’s collection, wearing them with citrine drops.
3. Maxima wore diamonds and emeralds — a pair of glittering earrings and a butterfly brooch — for Tuesday’s reception at the Royal Palace in Amsterdam.
— Vorsten (@VorstenNL) January 9, 2016
2. Of all the royals who gathered for the 95th birthday celebrations of Grand Duke Jean of Luxembourg, for me the most impressive jewelry-wearer was his elder daughter, Archduchess Marie Astrid. She wore a gorgeous pearl choker necklace with a jeweled clasp and coordinating pearl drop earrings. (ETA: Drat, foiled by Twitter! This picture is from Jean’s 90th birthday celebration in 2011. Still love the necklace!)
1. My list this week is book-ended by the Windsors at the Gallipoli campaign commemoration. My top spot goes, as it so often does, to Queen Elizabeth II. She wore her Pearl Triangle Brooch, which features two large pearls and a yellow diamond.