10b. (A bonus royal jewel!) Queen Elizabeth II received the Italian president at Buckingham Palace on Thursday, wearing the Cambridge Emerald Brooch with its gorgeous emerald drop.
8. Pearls were Letizia’s earring of choice in El Salvador on Wednesday.
7. Letizia went for a bit more glitter in Honduras on Monday evening, wearing diamond earrings and her Cartier diamond cuff bracelet for a dinner at the presidential palace.
6. Queen Maxima of the Netherlands wore dramatic pink pendant earrings (and a crumpled-up “hat”!) to visit a diagnostic center for those with vision and hearing disabilities on Friday.
5. In Stockholm, Queen Silvia of Sweden wore pearls and a golden brooch for Childhood Day on Sunday.
4. This week, King Willem-Alexander and Queen Maxima headed to Canada for a state visit. For their virst day of engagements in Ottawa, Maxima wore diamond and ruby earrings.
3. At a state dinner in Ottawa on Wednesday evening, Maxima wore the tiara and brooch from the family’s Ruby Peacock Parure, as well as ruby and diamond pendant earrings, a ruby and diamond ring, and a diamond bracelet that was previously worn by Queen Juliana.
2. Pomp and circumstance were at a high in Britain this week, as the royals gathered for the state opening of parliament. The Duchess of Cornwall wore the Boucheron tiara from the Greville bequest, plus pearl and diamond earrings, a pearl and diamond choker necklace, and a diamond (and sapphire?) bar brooch.
1. The Queen wins it for me this week with four stunning pieces of jewelry: the George IV Diamond Diadem, the Imperial State Crown, the Coronation Earrings, and the Coronation Necklace. How could I give the top spot to anyone else? Read more about all of the jewels from the state opening of parliament over here!