18. Queen Mathilde of the Belgians wore green hoop-style pendant earrings at the semi-finals of the Queen Elisabeth Violin Competition on Saturday.
17. Queen Maxima of the Netherlands wore pearls for a visit to the university in Utrecht on Monday.
16. Later in the week, the Belgian and Dutch queens joined forces at a sculpture exhibition in The Hague. Mathilde wore simple pearl and diamond stud earrings and a vibrant blue-and-orange outfit and hat…
15. …while Maxima paired her blue-and-orange outfit and hat with vibrant orange and diamond pendant earrings and her usual bracelets. (Wouldn’t you have loved to listen to the phone calls these two made while planning their coordinating attire???)
14. In Britain, the royals gathered on Monday at the annual Chelsea Flower Show, where Prince Harry’s Sentebale charity presented a garden. The Queen wore the floral brooch given to her by the show organizers in 2012 as a Diamond Jubilee present.
13. The Duchess of Cornwall wore one of her growing collection of insect brooches — this time the diamond and sapphire butterfly — to view the flowers at Chelsea.
12. The Countess of Wessex went for simple jewelry at the flower show, donning diamond stud earrings and a silver pendant necklace.
11. Princess Anne also attended the flower show; she wore golden floral and pearl jewels.
10. In Spain, the royal family gathered to celebrate the first communion of the Princess of Asturias. Leonor wore her school uniform and blended in with the rest of her classmates (although she is wearing a small necklace as well), but her mother, Queen Letizia, was regal in a pair of earrings by Tous.
9. Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary of Denmark are on an official visit to Germany this week. On Tuesday in Hamburg, Mary wore a long pendant necklace.
8. At a dinner held in their honor in Munich on Wednesday evening, Mary paired bold earrings with an even bolder floral gown.
7. Mary selected pearl pendant earrings for a cooking demonstration in Munich on Thursday.
6. The Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall were also on an official trip this week, visiting the Republic of Ireland. Camilla chose a very appropriate shamrock-shaped brooch on Tuesday in Galway.
5. During an emotional visit to Mullaghmore (the site of Lord Mountbatten’s murder) on Wednesday, Camilla wore pearl earrings with a new brooch. The piece, which is shaped like a traditional Claddagh ring, was given to her at the Claddagh National School on Tuesday.
4. In Belfast on Thursday, Camilla paired one of her familiar pearl choker necklaces with the new Claddagh Brooch.
3. If you were looking for major sparkle this week, your search surely brought you to the film festival at Cannes. The French actress Clotilde Courau, who is married to Emanuele Filliberto of Savoy, posed for a portrait on Sunday in a glittering necklace and ring.
2. Also at Cannes: Charlotte Casiraghi, daughter of Princess Caroline of Monaco. She wore delicate diamond pendant earrings at a film premiere on Sunday.
1. The French riviera may be exciting, but I’m giving my top spot of the week to a stalwart favorite: the Jardine Star Brooch, which glittered on Queen Elizabeth II’s jacket at a garden party at Buckingham Palace on Wednesday.
Leave a Reply