9. On Friday, Queen Maxima of the Netherlands headed to the United States, where she wore glittering diamond hoop earrings at a meeting of the world’s major financial institutions in Washington, D.C.
8. After showing off a new brooch on Saturday, Queen Elizabeth II returned to more familiar territory on Sunday, wearing the badge of the Calgary Highlanders during a visit to Canada House in London.
7. Princess Alexandra, the Hon. Lady Ogilvy also attended the reception at Canada House on Sunday, wearing a familiar pearl choker, pearl and diamond earrings, and the badge of the Canadian Scottish Regiment (Princess Mary’s), of which she is Colonel-in-Chief.
6. Queen Mathilde of the Belgians wore pearl and diamond stud earrings to visit the European Union in Strasbourg on Tuesday.
5. Queen Letizia wore her earrings with red stones at the Cervantes Awards on Thursday; she also pinned her newly-cut hair back into an updo, courtesy a bit of hairdresser magic:
Fairly good blending, no?
4. Crown Princess Mary of Denmark wore an intriguing pair of earrings — possibly pearls? — on Tuesday for a visit to the Maternity Foundation.
3. Queen Letizia made one more bejeweled appearance this week, and it was a big one: she wore a stunning set of modern earrings and a coordinating bracelet at an awards ceremony on Tuesday.
2. A rare “bejeweled” appearance from a male royal this week! Queen Elizabeth II invested her husband, the Duke of Edinburgh, with the Order of Australia.
Philip’s new insignia is made of gold and also features citrines. So shiny!
1. My top vote of the week goes to Queen Sonja of Norway, who attended the American-Scandinavian Foundation Gala in . She wore a multi-stranded pearl choker necklace, pearl and diamond earrings, and the pearl and diamond brooch that belonged to Queen Maud.