March 20-26, 2015
Royal tours brought out the bling this week — be sure to vote for your favorites in the poll!
10. Queen Letizia of Spain had planned for these simple earrings to be a part of the first event of a state visit to France this week; however, the visit was cut short after a German aircraft flying from Barcelona tragically crashed in the French Alps.
9. Catching up with an event from last week, Princess Anne wore gold and pearl jewelry during her visit to the Philippines on March 17.
8. Last Thursday, Princess Caroline wore major earrings to visit an art exhibition in Monte Carlo.
7. Queen Elizabeth II wore a familiar jewel — one of Queen Victoria’s diamond bow brooches — for a visit to Kent on Thursday.
6. Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden wore glittering earrings during the second day of her visit to South Korea.
5. On Monday, Queen Sofia of Spain wore pearls to visit the Basilica of Santa Teresa in Salamanca.
4. While viewing an exhibition of her gowns on Wednesday, Queen Margrethe II wore a large modern brooch. She worn it on previous occasions, including during one of her addresses to the nation.
3. As the Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall wrapped up their American visit on Friday in Louisville, Camilla wore one of my favorite pieces from her jewelry box: her triple strand of pearls with the Art Deco-style clasp.
2. Queen Maxima was her usual exuberant self during a visit to Germany on Friday, decked out in diamonds with exaggerated hoop earrings and a dragonfly brooch.
1. We’ve got a brand-new addition to the Queen’s jewelry collection this week! Elizabeth II wore a new brooch on Friday for the re-dedication of HMS Ocean, the largest Royal Navy warship. HM is the Lady Sponsor of the ship, and the brooch (which is designed to echo the design of badge of the ship) was a gift from the ship’s captain and officers.