9. Charlotte Casiraghi attended an Academy Awards nominee dinner this weekend with her partner, Gad Elmaleh. I was hoping for more glitter, as the event was sponsored by Chopard, but Charlotte stuck to her usual minimalist taste, wearing a few simple bracelets.
8. On Monday, Queen Mathilde of the Belgians wore pearls for a meeting with the director of the UN’s World Food Programme.
7. After suffering a knee injury, Mathilde accessorized her outfit on Wednesday with crutches — and a pair of her signature colorful earrings.
6. A familiar favorite again from the Duchess of Cornwall this week, who wore one of her pearl chokers and her usual bracelets for a visit to a children’s news organization on Wednesday.
5. Queen Letizia of Spain wore her red pendant earrings on Wednesday…
4. …but selected a slightly more glittering pair for the opening of ARCO 2015 in Madrid on Thursday.
3. King Harald and Queen Sonja of Norway embarked on a state visit to Australia this week. She wore a lovely strand of pearls on Monday during a visit to the Australian War Memorial.
2. On Wednesday, Sonja’s pairing of a blue beaded necklace with a red suit neatly reflected the colors of the Australian and Norwegian flags, also echoed in her lapel pin.
1. Queen Elizabeth II brought out one of my favorites of her brooch collection, the Jardine Star, to commemorate the 800th (!) anniversary of the Magna Carta on Monday. So symmetrical and sparkly! (Speaking of mind-boggling anniversaries: I scheduled our 500th post here at The Court Jeweller this week. Time seriously flies when you’re having fun, right?)
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.