9. Princess Beatrix also attended Wednesday’s reception, wearing a pair of understated gold earrings.
8. Queen Letizia of Spain chose statement earrings and red lips for the Telefonica Ability Awards on Monday.
7. Although she’s favored major earrings lately, Queen Mathilde of the Belgians chose simple pearl earrings for a meeting with the president of the European Council on January 7.
6. On Thursday, the Duchess of Cambridge wore her sapphire and diamond earrings for a visit to a primary school art program.
5. I’m not sure we’ve seen a statement necklace and earring set this year bigger than the one worn by Queen Maxima on a visit to Utrecht on Thursday. WOW.
4. For another awards ceremony on Thursday, Queen Letizia paired ruby earrings with her red outfit.
3. The second and third New Year receptions were held in Denmark last week. Above, Crown Princess Mary wears one of her pairs of aquamarine earrings at the second reception. Here’s Queen Margrethe at the second reception and Margrethe and Mary at the third reception.
2. Zara Phillips was in Australia last week to attend the Magic Millions races, and she piled on precious jewels while she was there. On Friday, she wore a bracelet, earrings, and ring in diamonds — the diamond ring alone reportedly weighs more than five carats. Hello! reports that the jewels are worth more than half a million dollars.
1. On Saturday, Zara wore more diamonds to the races, including a pair of diamond earrings and a gorgeous diamond cuff bracelet.