9. Following the pomp and circumstance of Prinsjesdag, Queen Maxima of the Netherlands wore standout blue pendant earrings to attend a meeting on Thursday in The Hague.
8. I can hear the groans already: on Wednesday in Orense, Queen Letizia (who also celebrated a birthday this week!) brought out her trustworthy silver star stud earrings.
7. The Earl and Countess of Wessex have been on an extended tour of Canada this week. On a visit to a spinal cord injury center in Vancouver, Sophie wore pearls and a bracelet.
6. The Wessexes aren’t the only royal couple in Canada right now. Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary have been touring various parts of the country, too. In Ottawa on Wednesday, Mary wore a gorgeous pair of pearl earrings.
5. During a visit to Toronto on Thursday, photographers snapped a great shot of Mary’s hands, including her bracelets, watch, and rings.
4. On Friday, the Duchess of Cornwall wore her familiar diamond and pearl choker to open a new building at the Countess of Chester Hospital. She’s also wearing a pair of pearl earrings, albeit a different set than her usual ones.
3. In Drammen, Crown Princess Mette-Marit of Norway wore a silver-toned necklace against her black coat. The piece looks like it may have been a gift from one of the well-wishers who gathered to see her, as she’s only wearing it in some photographs of the event.
2. Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden made a diplomatic visit to Latvia on Wednesday, sporting a pair of pearl earrings and a set of bracelets to meet with the nation’s president in Riga.
1. Fifty years ago this week, King Constantine II of Greece married Princess Anne-Marie of Denmark in Athens. On Wednesday, the couple celebrated their golden wedding anniversary with a family dinner at the Acropolis Museum. Queen Anne-Marie wore pearls for the evening event. Their children and their spouses all attended, as did Constantine’s sister, Queen Sofia of Spain (who wore her usual strands of necklaces), and Anne-Marie’s sister, Princess Benedikte (who wore pearls).
On Thursday, the couple celebrated with a black-tie event at the yacht club in Athens. Attending were Constantine, Anne-Marie, their five children and their spouses, Queen Sofia of Spain, Princess Irene, Queen Margrethe II of Denmark, Princess Benedikte, Princess Alexandra of Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg and Count Jefferson of Pfiel and Klein-Ellguth, Prince Hassan and Princess Sarvath of Jordan, Simeon and Margarita of Bulgaria, Margarita and Radu of Romania, and Alexander and Katharine of Serbia. You can see photos of some of the bejeweled guests here and here.