9. Queen Maxima wore an unexpected amount of sparkle for daytime at the start of the Dutch state visit to Poland, donning her dangling diamond and ruby earrings, plus Queen Emma’s ruby bow brooch.
8. Queen Elizabeth II made an official visit to Northern Ireland this week, and on Wednesday, she debuted a brand-new brooch: a floral piece made by Bronte Porcelain.
7. Crown Princess Mary and Crown Prince Frederik of Denmark were courtside at Wimbledon on Thursday. Mary wore a really interesting pair of geometric earrings, though they were mostly obscured by her hair, sadly!
6. At the Prince of Girona Awards, Queen Letizia of Spain tucked her hair into a faux bob, which helped to show off small pendant earrings.
5. For a visit to the set of Game of Thrones on Tuesday, Queen Elizabeth brought out an heirloom that reminded everyone that she was the rightful Windsor heir: Queen Victoria’s Diamond Jubilee Brooch, worn sans its extra chain piece.
4. And then, later in the day, she really emphasized that royal heritage by bringing out a major piece for a rare public outing: the Garrard-made diamond and pearl brooch from Queen Alexandra’s wedding parure, which was a gift to Alexandra from her husband, Edward VII, in 1863.
Flowers for HM #Queen Silvia of #Sweden at the #Childhood luncheon @SwedeninUSA so sweet! pic.twitter.com/uB62coK5Hg via @ChildhoodUSA
— Royalty Europe (@Royaltyeurope) June 26, 2014
3. A lovely multi-colored pearl necklace complimented Queen Silvia of Sweden’s whimsical suit at an event for her Childhood charity.
Queen Máxima on state visit in Polen pic.twitter.com/SWulLepMqr
— Albert Nieboer (@Royaleurope) June 24, 2014
2. At the state banquet in Poland, Queen Maxima mixed-and-matched the family’s ruby sets. She’s wearing the Ruby Peacock tiara and brooch, plus a bracelet from the ruby parure by Mellerio, and additional ruby and diamond pieces, including earrings, an additional bracelet, and the ruby ring she received from King Willem-Alexander following Princess Amalia’s birth.
I’m pretty certain it’s not the smaller of the floral tiaras. #TheMysteryContinues pic.twitter.com/IhIuwG6Od8
— Sydney Luxarazzi (@SydneyLux) June 23, 2014
1. And although it may be on the petite side, a brand-new tiara always wins the award for best jewel story of the week! Hereditary Grand Duchess Stephanie of Luxembourg wore a new small diamond tiara at the National Day gala this week. (You can see a closer photo of the tiara at Luxarazzi.) No news yet on where this one came from — stay tuned!
Take a sneak peak at Sofia Hellqvist’s ring. pic.twitter.com/2prcnG42fj
— Scandinavian Royals. (@crownprincely) June 27, 2014
… and an exciting BONUS piece of jewelry news from this morning, as Prince Carl Philip of Sweden has finally given his longtime love, Sofia Hellqvist, an important diamond ring! More on that diamond next time, when we’ll hopefully have more details. For now, enjoy a flashback to my speculation about Sofia’s wedding tiara!
Leave a Reply