7. Speaking of a departure from the usual — look at the earrings that Princess Stephanie of Monaco wore at the annual circus festival on Saturday! I don’t know what’s gotten into the Monegasque jewelry water, but I like it.
6. During the Silver Jubilee festivities for King Harald V of Norway on Sunday, Queen Margrethe II of Denmark wore a gorgeous pair of ruby and diamond earrings. She also pinned a diamond and ruby brooch to the jacket beneath that fur coat. (See more jewels from the Jubilee over here.)
5. Queen Elizabeth II of the United Kingdom attended a church service near the Sandringham estate on Sunday. For the occasion, she chose one of her most-worn brooches: the Frosted Sunflower Brooch.
4. Princess Ingrid Alexandra of Norway turned twelve on Thursday, and the royal court released new portraits to mark the occasion. In the photographs, she wears the pearl necklace and diamond and ruby heart pendant that was given to her by her grandmother, Queen Sonja, as a christening present. (See more of her birthday portraits here!)
3. Queen Elizabeth II wore the largest of the three Nizam of Hyderabad Rose Brooches to a Women’s Institute meeting on Thursday. To read more about the Cartier-made brooches and the dearly-departed tiara that once housed them, check out this post.
2. For a dinner held at the crown princely family’s home during the Silver Jubilee, Queen Sonja of Norway wore pieces from her set of modern emerald jewelry. (More on the jewels worn at this event can be found here.)
1. My number one spot this week goes to the three Scandinavian queens, who all wore beautiful jewels during the most glittering of the Jubilee events. Queen Silvia’s diamond floral brooch, Queen Margrethe’s sapphire demi-parure, and Queen Sonja’s diamond and pearl brooch were all stunners, and I couldn’t choose just one!