9. In a new family portrait released to mark the first birthday of her son, the Duchess of Cambridge wears a pair of familiar earrings: pearl drops by Annoushka, suspended from a pair of diamond hoop earrings by Kiki McDonough.
8. The tragic crash of a commercial airplane carrying nearly 200 Dutch citizens led to a week of mournful remembrance in the Netherlands. Queen Maxima wore white, a traditional color of mourning for the Dutch royals, to sign a book of condolence on Friday. Although her jewelry was still to a normal Maxima-esque scale, its dark colors also reflected the nation’s somber mood.
7. In Denmark, the royals posed on Thursday during their annual summer photosession at Grasten Palace. Queen Margrethe’s jewelry included a large floral brooch.
6. Crown Princess Mary went a bit simpler with her summer jewels for the photocall, wearing a delicate gold necklace. (Also appearing in front of the photographers were the other senior Danish royal ladies, Princess Marie and Princess Benedikte. More photographs at The Royal Roundup!)
5. Queen Letizia was also out and about in Spain this week, donning her headband with small sparkling stars and coordinating stud earrings for a reception at El Pardo Palace on Monday.
4. Wednesday was the opening ceremonies for the Commonwealth Games in Glasgow, and the British royals were out in force. The Countess of Wessex wore a necklace and earrings from one of her favorite jewelry companies, Heavenly Necklaces.
3. The Duchess of Cornwall — who is the Duchess of Rothesay when she’s in Scotland — chose the earrings from her turquoise and diamond set for the opening of the Games. The earrings have an elaborate matching necklace, and the set is said to be one of her family heirlooms.
2. Queen Elizabeth II officially opened the Games wearing a floral brooch that we’ve seen her wear recently, during her state visit to France in June. (More photos of the royals at the opening ceremonies here!)
1. The Queen’s time at the Games didn’t end with the opening ceremonies. She made several appearances on Thursday, watching a swimming competition, meeting athletes, and even photobombing a Australian selfie! All the while, she was wearing very Scottish brooch: a diamond and yellow gold piece that features thistle flowers in its design.