May 18-24, 2018
We have an embarrassment of royal jewel riches on our hands today, magpies — so the only solution is to do two polls! This post features just jewels worn at Saturday’s British royal wedding. Don’t forget to vote for your favorites in the poll — and to come back here later today for the best of the rest of the royal jewels worn this week!
|ANDREW MATTHEWS/AFP/Getty Images|
10. The Duchess of Cambridge wore earrings by her favorite designer, Kiki McDonough, and a large right-hand ring to acquire a new sister-in-law at St. George’s Chapel on Saturday.
|CHRIS RADBURN/AFP/Getty Images|
9. Pearls in various forms and coral jewels were Princess Michael of Kent’s choices for the royal wedding at Windsor.
8. The always-elegant Duchess of Gloucester wore pearls and a pair of floral brooches to see Harry marry Meghan on Saturday.
|Shaun Botterill/Getty Images|
7. Princess Alexandra, the Hon. Mrs. Ogilvy wore favorite jewels from her collection, including her pearl choker with the geometric diamond clasp, for this weekend’s wedding.
6. Lady Sarah Chatto wore her own wedding earrings — which once belonged to her mother, the late Princess Margaret — to attend her godson’s wedding at Windsor.
5. The Princess Royal was lovely in pearls and floral jewels for the wedding, including her diamond- and pearl-studded golden floral brooch.
|Gareth Fuller – WPA Pool/Getty Images|
4. The Duchess of Cornwall chose one of her most striking daytime jewels, her pearl choker with the elaborate diamond and pink topaz clasp, to see her stepson marry at St. George’s.
|JONATHAN BRADY/AFP/Getty Images|
3. For her grandson’s big day, Queen Elizabeth II of the United Kingdom wore her daytime pearl jewels with one of her most major brooches: the Richmond Brooch, which she inherited from Queen Mary. (More on the brooch here!)
|Steve Parsons – WPA Pool/Getty Images|
2. The top two places on this countdown can’t go to anyone other than the bride herself, right? For her evening wedding reception, the new Duchess of Sussex wore diamond earrings from Cartier and the large aquamarine ring that belonged to her late mother-in-law, Diana, Princess of Wales. (More on her jewels over here!)
|Dominic Lipinski – WPA Pool/Getty Images|
1. Meghan was stunning at St. George’s on Saturday in a diamond bracelet and earrings from Cartier, plus a magnificent heirloom tiara, Queen Mary’s Diamond Bandeau, which hadn’t been worn in public for more than half a century. Incredible! (More on the jewels here, plus tiara close-ups here!)