7. Letizia wore a second pair of pearl drop earrings on Wednesday to deliver the national flag to the Spanish Civil Guard. The ribbon pinned to her jacket is the dame’s bow of the Order of Charles III, one of the highest orders of Spanish chivalry.
6. Hereditary Grand Duke Guillaume and Hereditary Grand Duchess Stephanie of Luxembourg visited Paris to mark VE Day, and Stephanie chose small earrings for a performance on Friday at Les Invalides.
5. We also had a rare sighting this week of another Luxembourgish princess! Princess Tessy wore a necklace with multiple pendant charms and earrings with green stones for a charity gala on Tuesday in London.
4. The British royals held the first garden party of the season at Buckingham Palace on Tuesday. The Countess of Wessex wore a new pair of earrings, made out of diamonds and pearls. (Or, knowing Sophie, perhaps a facsimile of those stones.)
3. Camilla also wore a new piece of jewelry at the garden party: an all-diamond butterfly brooch, which adds to her growing collection of brooches with an insect theme.
2. It was a three-brooch week for Queen Elizabeth II, who donned her mother’s diamond and aquamarine brooch on Friday, the magnificent Cullinan V on Sunday, and the impressive Courtauld-Thomsen Scallop-Shell Brooch at Tuesday’s garden party.
1. My top spot for the week has to go to Queen Sofia of Spain, who wore this gorgeous necklace and bracelet set at the Madrid Open on Sunday. That’s one way to pull focus from Rafa Nadal!