Another @BaileyQuotes portrait of the Queen for @GREATBritain campaign — in colour +published in @harpersbazaarus . pic.twitter.com/MbHRr0MM6i
— Peter Hunt (@BBCPeterHunt) May 8, 2014
8. At a concert in Amsterdam on Thursday, Queen Maxima surprised royal watchers by recycling a dress first worn decades earlier by her mother-in-law. She accessorized the already-bejeweled dress with bracelets and a pair of dangling earrings.
7. We all know that connections to royal wearers significantly increase the values of pieces of jewelry, but even so, this is kind of staggering: apparently the sapphire and diamond engagement ring worn by both Diana, Princess of Wales and the Duchess of Cambridge is now worth an estimated £300,000 — approximately ten times its original price.
Princess Benedikte recieved the medal of the Order of the Dannebrog from Queen Margrethe for her efforts to Denmark pic.twitter.com/vilflzDYcu
— ♔ Mo_Holland (@Mo_Holland) May 2, 2014
6. To celebrate Princess Benedikte’s seventieth birthday, Queen Margrethe II of Denmark bestowed the Order of the Dannebrog on her sister. The order honors those who have made major contributions to the nation, and as Benedikte continues to carry out engagements (and even serve as regent) in Denmark, I’d say she certainly meets the qualifications. The order has eight grand commanders: Queen Margrethe, Prince Henrik, Crown Prince Frederik, Prince Joachim, (the former) King Constantine II of Greece, King Carl XVI Gustaf of Sweden, King Harald V of Norway, and now Princess Benedikte.
5. Although she normally prefers very low-key jewelry, the Princess of Asturias added an unexpected ornament to her hair for an audience at Zarzuela Palace on Thursday: a thin gilded headband.
Countess of Wessex meets Rosie the guinea pig at the opening of Ufton Court Adventure. @newburytoday pic.twitter.com/OWZojTztny
— Phil Cannings (@philc_nwn) May 6, 2014
4. The Countess of Wessex found a cuddly friend on a visit to Newbury this week. If you peek past Rosie the guinea pig, you’ll catch a glimpse of her Heavenly Necklaces snowflake pendant.
3. Queen Elizabeth II debuted an apparently new brooch this week in Essex. The piece appears to feature daffodils, which may suggest a connection to Wales; indeed, the only time it’s been spotted before was in a portrait of the Queen commissioned by the Welsh Rugby Union to mark the 60th anniversary of her coronation.
2. On Tuesday, Queen Maxima wore
a questionable hat a beautiful pair of pearl pendant earrings during a regional tour of The Achterhoek.
Aquamarine tiara and what look like Elie Saab for Grand Duchess Maria-Teresa tonight pic.twitter.com/da5KXXmwE2
— Sydney Luxarazzi (@SydneyLux) May 7, 2014
1. Leave it to the Luxembourgish royals to give us our tiara of the week! Grand Duchess Maria Teresa brought out the family’s aquamarine set during a state visit to Poland.