April 13-19, 2018
Time for the first of two royal jewel roundups for the week! This sparkly edition features the gala jewels worn this week, including a whole lot of tiaras. Don’t forget to vote for your favorites in the poll below, and stay tuned later today for even more royal jewels!
|PATRICK VAN KATWIJK/AFP/Getty Images|
10. Queen Maxima of the Netherlands wore pale pink statement earrings on Monday for the premiere of The Color Purple in Amsterdam.
9. For Tuesday’s return dinner during the Portuguese state visit to Spain, Queen Letizia wore a pair of traditional Portuguese gold filigree earrings.
8. For the Queen’s Dinner on Thursday, part of the Commonwealth Heads of Government Meeting, the Countess of Wessex wore her convertible aquamarine tiara with her suite of multi-gem jewels. (More on the tiara over here!)
7. For the Queen’s Dinner, the Princess Royal repeated her jewels from last year’s Spanish dinner at the Guildhall, including her diamond festoon tiara and necklace. (More on the jewels here!)
6. The Duchess of Cornwall wore diamonds for the Queen’s Dinner, including the Greville Tiara. (More on that tiara over here!)
|Jack Taylor/Getty Images|
5. Princess Alexandra donned diamonds and pearls for the Queen’s Dinner, with the pearl setting of the Ogilvy Tiara and a magnificent choker necklace taking center stage. (More on the tiara here!)
4. We had a rare outing on Thursday of the Kent City of London Fringe Tiara from Princess Michael of Kent, who paired the sparkler with pearls for the Queen’s Dinner. (More on the tiara here!)
3. The Duchess of Gloucester chose one of my very favorite sparklers, the Iveagh Tiara, for the Queen’s Dinner. (More on the tiara here!)
|Toby Melville – WPA Pool/Getty Images|
2. The host of the CHOGM dinner, Queen Elizabeth II of the United Kingdom, chose the Girls of Great Britain and Ireland Tiara, Queen Mary’s Ruby Cluster Earrings, and the Greville Ruby Necklace for the event. (Links to more on the jewels here!)
|GABRIEL BOUYS/AFP/Getty Images|
1. But the top gala jewel appearance of the week has to be Queen Letizia’s debut of Queen Ena’s Pearl and Diamond Tiara at the Portuguese state banquet in Madrid on Monday. (Much more over here!)
Leave a Reply