April 21-27, 2017
We’ve got some interesting, colorful pieces in this week’s jewelry roundup — don’t forget to vote for your favorites in the poll below!
|REMKO DE WAAL/AFP/Getty Images|
10. Princess Laurentien of the Netherlands wore an ultra-modern, sculptural pair of earrings for the World Press Photo Awards ceremony in Amsterdam on Saturday.
|ODD ANDERSEN/AFP/Getty Images|
9. On Tuesday, Queen Maxima of the Netherlands wore red earrings by Lott Gioielli, plus her family bracelets and rings, for a panel discussion on women’s economic empowerment. (Much more over here!)
|Olivier Matthys/Getty Images|
8. In Temse, Queen Mathilde of the Belgians wore statement earrings with gold detail for a visit to the Wase Werkplaats on Tuesday.
|Carlos Alvarez/Getty Images|
7. Tous earrings set with rubies, emeralds, and moonstones were Queen Letizia of Spain’s choice for a visit to El Batan Stadium in Las Palmas de Gran Canaria on Monday.
|ALESSANDRA TARANTINO/AFP/Getty Images|
6. The princely family of Liechtenstein visited Vatican City on Saturday, and both Princess Marie and Hereditary Princess Sophie wore classic, traditional pearls for an audience with Pope Francis.
|Alan Crowhurst/Getty Images|
5. On a victorious day at Newbury Racecourse on Saturday, Queen Elizabeth II of the United Kingdom wore her Flower Basket Brooch. (Much more over here!)
|Michael Campanella/Getty Images|
4. Crown Princess Victoria wore a suite of jewels set with diamonds and blue gemstones (possibly tanzanites) for two engagements this week, including Tuesday’s Royal Patriotic Society event at Riddarhuset. (See more over here!)
|KOEN VAN WEEL/AFP/Getty Images|
3. For King’s Day on Thursday in Tilburg (which marked King Willem-Alexander’s 50th birthday this year), a basketball-playing Queen Maxima wore diamond and sapphire earrings with her family bracelets.
|STEVE PARSONS/AFP/Getty Images|
2. Queen Elizabeth II wore a double-stranded pearl necklace, plus her triangle brooch set with pearls and a yellow diamond, for a private audience with President Granger of Guyana at Windsor Castle on Wednesday.
|Richard Pohle – WPA Pool /Getty Images|
1. My top pick of the week is the classic cluster brooch worn by Queen Elizabeth II to mark the 40th anniversary of Motability at Windsor on Tuesday. The brooch is set with diamonds and a pink gemstone, possibly a pink sapphire or pink topaz.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.