December 2-8, 2016
The holiday season is in full swing, but we’ve still got lots of royal jewelry to sigh over. Don’t forget to vote for your favorite pieces!
|Photo: Samuel de Roman/Getty Images|
10. At the opening of an exhibition in Madrid on Friday, Camilla of Bourbon-Two Sicilies wore a pair of interesting statement earrings.
|Photo: BRITTA PEDERSEN/AFP/Getty Images|
9. In Berlin on Saturday, Queen Rania of Jordan wore Annoushka Jewellery’s Flamenco Drop Earrings for the annual A Heart for Children Gala. (See more images here!)
|Photo: Ernesto Ruscio/Getty Images|
8. For a symposium in Rome, Queen Letizia of Spain wore earrings with a large moonstone pendant drop from Tous.
|Photo: JOHN THYS/AFP/Getty Images|
7. Queen Mathilde of the Belgians wore dark earrings and a coordinating brooch for a visit to the Public Center for Social Actions in Namur on Thursday.
|Photo: Pascal Le Segretain/Getty Images|
6. Alexandra of Hanover, the younger daughter of Princess Caroline of Monaco, wore a lovely necklace with pearl pendants and a delicate silver-toned star bracelet for a Chanel fashion presentation in Paris on Tuesday.
|Photo: Jeff Spicer/Getty Images for Eastern Seasons|
5. Olga Andreevna Romanoff — a granddaughter of Grand Duchess Xenia Alexandrovna of Russia, who was the sister of Tsar Nicholas II — attended the Eastern Seasons Gala Dinner in London on Monday. She wore pearl and diamond earrings with an interesting fabric-backed pearly choker necklace.
|Photo: Yui Mok – WPA Pool /Getty Images|
4. For audiences at Buckingham Palace on Thursday, Queen Elizabeth II of the United Kingdom wore one of the Nizam of Hyderabad rose brooches.
|Photo: Angel Diaz – Pool/Getty Images|
3. King Juan Carlos and Queen Sofia of Spain attended the Carlos III exhibition at the Royal Palace in Madrid on Monday; Sofia wore a really interesting pearl pendant and a brooch that appears to be a mother-of-pearl floral design.
The Countess meets Olympian @SamanthaQuek fresh from her appearance on @imacelebrity #ImACeleb pic.twitter.com/mQa2AkYK17
— The Royal Family (@RoyalFamily) December 7, 2016
2. The Countess of Wessex gave us a jewelry surprise on Wednesday: she borrowed a diamond demi-parure from the Queen. The set includes a diamond choker necklace and bracelet; the Queen hasn’t worn it in public for years. Sophie wore the jewels for the Golden Ball, which benefits England Hockey.
|Photo: Tristan Fewings/Getty Images|
1. For the annual Royal Variety Performance on Tuesday, the Duchess of Cornwall wore her demi-parure of pear-shaped diamond jewels. (See more images from this event here!)
Tonight The Queen and the Royal Family welcome the world’s ambassadors to #BuckinghamPalace at the annual Diplomatic Reception pic.twitter.com/b2NEKEJBNj
— The Royal Family (@RoyalFamily) December 8, 2016
…and we have a late-arrival bonus set of contenders this week! At last night’s diplomatic reception, Queen Elizabeth II wore her sapphires, the Duchess of Cornwall wore the Greville Tiara, and the Duchess of Cambridge wore the Lover’s Knot Tiara. (More images and details on the rest of the jewels over here!)
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.