|Photo: KOEN VAN WEEL/AFP/Getty Images|
10. On her birthday, Queen Maxima of the Netherlands wore diamonds and multicolored pearls at a foundation congress in The Hague.
|Photo: LISELOTTE SABROE/AFP/Getty Images|
9. In Copenhagen, Crown Princess Mary of Denmark wore statement earrings to give a plenary address at the opening of the Women Deliver conference.
|Photo: Carlos Alvarez/Getty Images|
8. Queen Letizia of Spain wore statement earrings by Tous for a visit to the Observatory of Specifity Castilla La Mancha on Wednesday.
|Photo: Chris Jackson/Getty Images|
7. For the Windsor celebration of the Queen’s 90th birthday on Sunday, the Duchess of Cambridge wore a pair of diamond chandelier earrings that are, appropriately, on loan from the Queen herself.
|Photo: JOHN THYS/AFP/Getty Images|
|Photo: Jonathan Brady – WPA Pool/Getty Images|
5. For a garden party at Buckingham Palace on Thursday, Queen Elizabeth II of the United Kingdom wore one of her most important brooches: the Cullinan V Brooch.
|Photo: Dan Kitwood/Getty Images|
4. The Duchess of Cornwall wore familiar — but incredibly grand — gala jewels for Wednesday’s State Opening of Parliament: the Greville Tiara, her pearl choker necklace with the small round diamond clasp, and pearl and diamond earrings.
|Photo: THIERRY ROGE/AFP/Getty Images|
3. In Belgium, Queen Mathilde attended the state banquet wearing three pieces of jewelry that were all worn by the late Queen Fabiola: the bandeau base of the Nine Provinces Tiara, Fabiola’s pearl and diamond earrings, and Fabiola’s ruby and diamond bracelet.
|Photo: Richard Pohle – WPA Pool/Getty Images|
2. For her arrival and departure from parliament on Wednesday, Queen Elizabeth II donned three pieces of jewelry with incredible royal histories: the George IV Diamond Diadem, Queen Victoria’s Golden Jubilee Necklace, and Queen Victoria’s Pearl Drop Earrings.
|Photo: TOBY MELVILLE/AFP/Getty Images|
1. How can you top the Imperial State Crown? You can’t. You just can’t.
Corps Diplomatique pic.twitter.com/r9PykFzXYl
— robinutrecht (@robinutrecht1) May 19, 2016