|Photo: Warren Allott – WPA Pool/Getty Images|
10. The Duchess of Cambridge wore her Cassandra Goad “Temple of Heaven” girandole earrings for a pre-tour reception at Kensington Palace on Wednesday.
|Photo: Carlos Alvarez/Getty Images|
9. Queen Letizia of Spain debuted a new pair of earrings at Zarzuela Palace on Friday: gold and blue quartz drops from a Spanish brand, Coolook.
|Photo: ERIC LALMAND/AFP/Getty Images|
8. Queen Mathilde of the Belgians wore spiraling gold earrings for a United Nations forum in Brussels on Thursday.
|Photo: Rafa Alcaide – Pool/Getty Images|
7. Queen Sofia of Spain, God bless her, piled on the jewels — pearl earrings, pearl necklace, paired brooches, plus bracelets and watch — to mark the 40th anniversary of a hospital named in her honor in Cordoba on Monday.
|Photo: FILIPPO MONTEFORTE/AFP/Getty Images|
6. King Harald and Queen Sonja of Norway are on a state visit to Italy this week. She wore a pearl necklace and bracelet, plus a delicate ribbon-shaped brooch, to Palazzo Chigi for a visit with the prime minister on Wednesday.
|Photo: KOEN VAN WEEL/AFP/Getty Images|
5. Princess Laurentien of the Netherlands went for the full sautoir — plus a coordinating stack of bracelets — to speak at an EU youth conference in Amsterdam on Thursday.
|Photo: Juan Naharro Gimenez/Getty Images|
4. Queen Letizia wore an absolutely gorgeous pair of diamond floral earrings at a ceremony for honorary doctorate recipients in Salamanca on Tuesday.
3. Back to the state visit jewels: Queen Sonja wore an ultra-modern suite of metallic jewelry to lay a wreath at Italy’s Tomb of the Unknown Soldier on Thursday.
2. And on Wednesday, Sonja went for a major statement necklace and a stack of bangles for a meeting with the president of Italy’s senate.
— Louise Ghislaine (@LouiseGhislaine) April 7, 2016
1. But of course, it’s the state visit tiara that wins it for me this week: Sonja wore the small version of Queen Maud’s Pearl Tiara 2.0 — and the Drapers’ Company Brooch! — for the state banquet on Wednesday evening. I actually think the full version of the tiara suits her better, but I’m not going to look a tiara gift horse in the mouth!