10. Princess Beatrix and Princess Mabel attended the Prince Friso Engineering Awards on March 16; Beatrix chose an interesting pearl necklace and coordinating earrings, while Mabel went with a sparkling pair of earrings.
9. Queen Mathilde of the Belgians wore an artistic pair of pendant earrings as she visited a hospital in Sint-Truiden on March 18.
8. For an audience with Manitoba’s lieutenant governor on Wednesday, Queen Elizabeth II selected her ruby and diamond trellis brooch, which was a wedding gift in 1947 from the director of Garrard.
7. Princess Caroline wore a shimmering pair of hoop earrings at this weekend’s Cuban-themed Rose Ball in Monaco. (More on the Rose Ball jewels here.)
6. Queen Letizia wore her black diamond earrings by De Grisogono for a dinner with the Portuguese president in Madrid on March 17.
5. Near the end of the Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall’s Balkan tour, Camilla wore one of her pearl necklaces with a diamond clasp to meet with children at a UNICEF center in Montenegro.
4. Queen Maxima of the Netherlands wore a very Queen Maxima-esque statement necklace at a Businesswoman of the Year ceremony in Noordwijk on Monday.
|Photo: Kate Gabor/Kungahuset.se|
3. For her first official portrait with her newborn son, Prince Oscar, Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden wore a gorgeous pair of earrings with blue stones — perhaps blue topazes or aquamarines. (You can view a larger version of the picture here.)
2. For the annual Royal Maundy Service — held this year at St. George’s Chapel in Windsor — Queen Elizabeth II chose to wear an heirloom of the crown: one of Queen Victoria’s diamond bow brooches.
1. My top spot of the week goes to an unexpectedly great bit of sparkle from the Rose Ball: Beatrice Borromeo Casiraghi’s jewels, including her stunning diamond and emerald necklace. (More jewels from the Rose Ball over here.)