10. Queen Maxima was gorgeous in diamonds and a ball gown at her brother’s wedding in Vienna on Saturday. She paired the family’s nineteenth-century diamond rivière necklace with an emerald-cut kunzite brooch that belongs to her mother-in-law, Princess Beatrix.
9. Earlier the same day, Maxima and Queen Mathilde of the Belgians kept the jewels to a minimum to commemorate the 70th anniversary of the D-Day landings in Normandy. While Maxima’s earrings were a bit more flamboyant (to coordinate with her bright yellow jacket and turban headpiece), Mathilde chose understated pearls.
8. Crown Princess Mette-Marit paired dangling earrings with her sleek hairdo on Tuesday at the amfAR Inspiration Gala in New York, where she was honored for her activism on behalf of those with AIDS.
7. After a busy state visit in France, Queen Elizabeth II hopped back across the Channel to attend the Epsom Derby, where she wore the Jardine Star Brooch.
6. Queen Elizabeth chose the Cartier aquamarine clips given to her by her parents for the Buckingham Palace garden party held on Tuesday (the 93rd birthday of Prince Philip!).
5. One more brooch for the week for Elizabeth II! She opened a new sports center in Westminster on Thursday, wearing the diamond palm leaf brooch she inherited from the Queen Mother.
4. Delicate gold jewelry was Crown Princess Mary’s adornment of choice during a photoshoot in France to mark the 80th birthday of her father-in-law, Prince Henrik.
3. The woman who will become queen of Spain next week, Princess Letizia, borrowed a tiara from her mother-in-law for the Mexican state banquet this week: the family’s nineteenth-century diamond floral tiara. She paired the tiara with sparkling drop earrings.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.