20 December 2020

Diamond Tiara Tournament: Week Six Results!



We've got all the results from our latest week of tiara voting!


Pascal Le Segretain/Getty Images, Sean Gallup/Getty Images



Our first contest of the week was a huge upset! The Braganza Tiara, the top-ranked sparkler of its region, was chosen by 46.03% of voters, but the Brabant Laurel Wreath Tiara shocked the competition, winning with 53.97% of the vote!


Pascal Le Segretain/Getty Images, AFP via Getty Images



It was the end of the road for one of our Cinderellas in this match-up! The Japanese Crown Princely Tiara was the victor with 55.72% of the vote, while Princess Benedikte's Floral Birthday Tiara brought in a very respectable 44.28%.


MAP/AFP via Getty Images, Borja Benito - Pool/Getty Images



This one was a contest rich with royal and imperial symbolism. Though the Spanish Fleur-de-Lis Tiara was chosen by 45.88% of voters, the Imperial Chrysanthemum Tiara pulled off a surprise, winning with 54.12% of the vote!


JONATHAN NACKSTRAND/AFP via Getty Images, Mark Renders/Getty Images



Our week of upsets continued with another shocker of a contest! The Connaught Diamond Tiara pulled off an unexpected victory, garnering 51.46% of the vote, while the Luxembourg Empire Tiara was chosen by 48.54% of you. What a close one!


Chris Jackson/Getty Images, Stefan Rousseau/PA Images/Alamy



This was a Queen Mary showdown! No surprises here: though the Iveagh Tiara was favored by 21.54% of voters, the Girls of Great Britain and Ireland Tiara won an overwhelming victory, capturing 78.46% of the vote.


CHRISTOPHE SIMON/AFP via Getty Images, MIGUEL RIOPA/AFP via Getty Images



Another close one! Queen Josefina's Diamond Tiara was victorious in this round with 55.54% of the vote, while 44.46% of you selected Queen Alia's Cartier Tiara.


Hagen Hopkins/Getty Images, CARL COURT/AFP via Getty Images



One more upset for the week! Though the Habsburg Fringe Tiara was favored by 35.94% of you, Queen Emma's Diamond Tiara won the day with 64.06% of the vote.


ANNE-CHRISTINE POUJOULAT/AFP via Getty Images, Chris Jackson/Getty Images



Our final contest matched up two much-loved tiaras! Queen Sophie's Diamond Tiara was chosen as the winner by 66.62% of voters, while the Diamond Vine Leaves Tiara was selected by 33.38%.


A scheduling note: we'll have two weeks of break time before our next round of the tournament, with a whole bunch of fantastic holiday content coming your way in the meantime!