January 29-February 4, 2016
Glitter galore this week! Don't forget to vote for your favorite piece in the poll below.
10. Queen Letizia of Spain wore her Tous pearl drop earrings at a forum in Madrid on Wednesday. (Also, bad jewel news out of Spain: the Spanish state visit to the UK isn't going to happen this spring because of continuing issues following the country's December elections. I'm bummed -- I totally thought we were going to get to see Letizia wear La Buena!)
9. In Denmark, Crown Princess Mary wore a pair of statement earrings for the first day of Copenhagen Fashion Week on Wednesday.
8. The Emperor and Empress of Japan have been on a visit the Philippines; on Friday, Michiko wore pearls to pay tribute at a war memorial in Manila.
7. Princess Astrid of Belgium wore a glittering pair of earrings for a visit to a hospital in Ghent on Tuesday.
6. Queen Sonja of Norway wore pearls for the opening of an art exhibition in London on Wednesday.
5. On Thursday, Queen Elizabeth II of the United Kingdom visited a Norfolk hospice; she chose her Mappin and Webb orchid brooch for the occasion.
1. This was a tough one, but although this week was tiara-heavy, my top spot goes to the diamond demi-parure worn at the British Asian Trust dinner by the Duchess of Cornwall. (More photos of the set over here!)