February 19-25, 2016
Earrings, necklaces, brooches, and one very glittering princess on the docket this week. Vote for your favorite in the poll below!
10. The Duchess of Cambridge -- or, I should say, the Countess of Strathearn -- was in Edinburgh for a series of engagements on Wednesday. She wore her Kiki McDonough Lauren earrings for the day.
9. We got a tiny glimpse of Princess Sofia's earrings at the Royal Swedish Academy of Fine Arts on Friday -- looks like small round pearl drops, perhaps?
8. Empress Michiko of Japan was elegant as always in a strand of pearls and a small brooch during a meeting with the Swedish ambassador on Saturday. (She also wore an impressive brooch to meet with King Carl XVI Gustaf the day before.)
7. The Duchess of Cornwall selected her pearls with the diamond and sapphire deco clasp for a trip to a library in Islington on Wednesday; she's also wearing golden earrings instead of her usual pearl and diamond pair.
6. Camilla wore her usual daytime earrings with one of her sparkliest pearl-and-clasp necklaces to visit a London school on Tuesday.
5. Queen Letizia of Spain went bright with her earrings at the opening of ARCO 2016 on Thursday. (They're her ruby and emerald pair from Tous.)
4. Here's a royal we don't see that much of: Lea, widow of the late Prince Alexandre of Belgium (who was a younger half-brother to King Baudouin, King Albert II, and Grand Duchess Josephine-Charlotte). She wore a lovely pair of glittering earrings (and maybe also a jeweled brooch?) at a charity gala in Switzerland on Saturday.
3. Queen Elizabeth II wore a major royal heirloom on Thursday at an audience with the High Commissioner of Grenada at Buckingham Palace: the brooch from Queen Victoria's collection that is studded with eleven pearls.
2. Crossrail in London was re-christened the "Elizabeth Line" on Tuesday, and the Queen was there in bright purple and her amethyst bouquet brooch to mark the occasion.
|Photo: Kate Gabor/Kungahuset.se|