Happy Sunday, everyone! Here are some of the royal stories that have been making news this week...
- The extended grand ducal family of Luxembourg has a new member: Katarina Marie-Christine Fabiola, the daughter of Archduke Christoph and Archduke Adelaide, was born on December 22. Christoph is the nephew of Grand Duke Henri of Luxembourg. Baby Katarina's middle names honor her aunt and godmother, Archduchess Marie-Christine, and the late Queen Fabiola of Belgium, who was Christoph's great-aunt. (Luxarazzi)
- Sofia Hellqvist, fiancee of Prince Carl Philip of Sweden, has given an interview in which she addresses her reality television past and the welcome she received from the Swedish royal family. (Hello!)
- A judge has rejected an appeal against Infanta Cristina of Spain's indictment for tax fraud. She will be the first member of the Spanish royal family to stand trial since the restoration of the monarchy. (ABC News)
- The Danish royal court has released new photos of Prince Vincent and Prince Josephine of Denmark, who adorably turned four this week. (Kongehuset)
- Året med kungafamiljen, the annual documentary about the Swedish royal family's year, can be seen online here. It was a big year: a royal baptism, a royal engagement, a new royal baby on the way, and the always-adorable antics of Princess Estelle. (SVT)
- The Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh will travel to Germany for a state visit in June. (Telegraph)
- Prince Andrew's name is in the news yet again this week: he and ex-wife Sarah have jointly purchased a chalet in Verbier. (Daily Mail)