October 31-November 6, 2014
Galas, tiaras, and awards ceremonies galore this week! Enjoy!
10. On Thursday, Queen Elizabeth II joined King Philippe of the Belgians at the opening of the new Flanders Field Memorial in London. She wore her diamond and gold sunflower brooch, made in the 1970s by Garrard.
9. On Saturday, Charlotte Casiraghi attended a gala in Los Angeles, where she wore bracelets with her striking gown. Here's a better look:
And -- intriguingly -- doesn't that look like a wedding ring on Charlotte's left hand???
8. Queen Letizia of Spain continued her love affair with petite pendant earrings at the Francisco Cerecedo Journalism Awards on Wednesday. Anyone else think this pair looks a bit like the Duchess of Cambridge's wedding earrings? (Sans acorns, of course!)
7. Last Wednesday, Queen Silvia of Sweden wore pearls and a silver cuff bracelet to give an award to Malala Yousafzai, one of the winners of this year's Nobel Peace Prize (and someone that I admire greatly!).
6. Back in the Netherlands after trips to Japan and South Korea, Queen Maxima wore hoops to visit a children's music organization on Thursday.
5. In Campeche on Wednesday, the Duchess of Cornwall wore pearls and a pair of bracelets -- plus, of course, her poppy -- during an engagement with the first lady of the state of Monterrey.
4. On Thursday evening, Queen Elizabeth II attended the Recovery Pathway reception at Buckingham Palace with her grandsons, William and Harry; she wore her Cartier diamond and aquamarine clips paired together as a single brooch. Update: Yep, although this one resembles the Cartier clips, it's actually a diamond and aquamarine brooch/set of clips that belonged to the Queen Mother, worn by HM recently at Ascot.
Crown Princess Mary visited a trade mart on Tuesday while on day 3 of her visit to South Africa pic.twitter.com/M9WBDv7o58
— Royaltyspeaking (@Royal_talk) November 5, 2014
3. During her recent trip to South Africa, Crown Princess Mary of Denmark wore a stunning pair of gold earrings, made by Jewlscph. They're made of gold-plated sterling silver, and they retail for 520 euros.
2. From South Africa, Mary traveled to Geneva for an event at the United Nations on Thursday. She wore a large blue leaf-shaped brooch as she spoke during a meeting on the status of women.
1. As per usual, tiaras win the week for me! Hop over to Luxarazzi to see Grand Duchess Maria Teresa in the family's citrine/topaz parure, and Hereditary Grand Duchess Stephanie wearing one of the family's amethyst sets, including the tiara worn above in the 1970s by Princess Marie-Astrid. Love the purple jewels on Stephanie with that gown!