November 14-20, 2014
Tiaras, brooches, and earrings galore this week. Enjoy!
10. For a Place2Be reception at Kensington Palace on Wednesday, the Duchess of Cambridge chose a familiar pair of earrings: her Temple of Heaven girandole pendant earrings by Cassandra Goad.
9. Queen Maxima attended a symposium in Utrecht on Thursday, pairing a regal purple outfit with a large gold statement necklace.
8. Queen Mathilde of the Belgians spoke at an event to mark Universal Children's Day on Thursday. She continued her interest in oversized accessories, wearing a very large necklace.
7. The Duchess of Cornwall wore her paired turquoise bird brooches as she visited HMP Erlestoke Prison on Tuesday.
6. On her sixty-seventh wedding anniversary, Queen Elizabeth II wore the Jardine Star Brooch for a visit to RAF Lossiemouth with the Duke of Edinburgh.
5. Queen Letizia of Spain chose a pair of colorful pendant earrings to address a nutrition summit in Rome on Thursday.
4. Before leaving with King Felipe for Italy, Queen Letizia chose silver earrings for an awards ceremony at El Prado in Madrid on Monday.
3. The Duchess of Cornwall accompanied the Prince of Wales to Westminster Abbey on Thursday for a memorial service for Lady Mary Soames. She wore her diamond stick insect brooch, a piece which has been in her collection since her pre-duchess days.
“@Royal_talk: The Swedish royal family attended a gala dinner pic.twitter.com/oVMa9Olgg8” Cut Steel for Victoria, Connaught for Silvia
— Ella Kay (@courtjeweller) November 18, 2014
2. The Swedish royal family attended a diplomatic reception on Tuesday, and the two highest-ranking ladies in the land brought out tiaras for the occasion. Queen Silvia wore the Connaught Diamond Tiara, while Crown Princess Victoria chose the larger Napoleonic Cut Steel Tiara. Sofia Hellqvist attended the event with Prince Carl Philip, but no tiaras for her just yet. See more photos at the royal website.
1. This week, the Duchess of Alba, one of the most flamboyant members of the Spanish aristocracy, died at 88. She had more titles than anyone else on the planet, plus an absolutely astonishing collection of palaces, art, and jewels. Here she is in her younger days, wearing her floral coronet and a gorgeous diamond necklace. Stay tuned tomorrow for another look into her jewel collection!